DLL errors in Windows downloads on GIMP.org

DLL errors in Windows downloads on GIMP.org

Users mailing list
Both *gimp-2.10.8-setup-1.exe* and the earlier download *GIMP_v2.10.8.exe*
have the same missing DLL's, according to the error messages from the
installer:

*libtiff3.dll*

*liblqr-1-0.dll*

*libpng15-15.dll*
*pcre3.dll*

Of course, I can not tell if the problem is that the DLL's are missing in
the installer, or that they're actually present in the installer, but that
there is an error in the install script in the installer, causing them not
to be installed, or not correctly.

Also, for these exe's in the Windows installer, there are DLL error
messages:

*resynthesizer.exe* *Can't find access point of procedure . . . in*
*libstdc++-6.dll*
*resynthesizer-gui.exe* *Can't find access point of procedure . . . in*
*libgcc_5_dw2-1.dll*
*gmic_gimp.exe* *Can't find access point of procedure . . . in*
*libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll*

The *. . .* stands for a long string of unfamiliar code.

I downloaded and executed both the torrent file and the file posted on the
GIMP.org website, to be sure.

Regards,
Jurgen

Re: DLL errors in Windows downloads on GIMP.org

Jernej =?utf-7?Q?Simon+AQ0-i+AQ0-?=
On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 12:20:15 +-0100, Jurgen Schouten via gimp-user-list
wrote:

> Of course, I can not tell if the problem is that the DLL's are missing in
> the installer, or that they're actually present in the installer, but that
> there is an error in the install script in the installer, causing them not
> to be installed, or not correctly.

These DLLs aren't present in the current GIMP installer, because they're
not needed by anything shipped in the installer. You're seeing the errors
because you installed some 3rd-party plug-in that depends on these DLLs (if
you look at the error message, the plug-in that's causing the error should
be written in the titlebar).

--
< Jernej Simon+AQ0-i+AQ0- ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

Re: DLL errors in Windows downloads on GIMP.org

These are likely from plugins that you installed , Gimp 2.8, and were
carried over from your Gimp 2.8 profile to your Gimp 2.10 one.

Remove the plugins from your profile and install versions built from
Gimp 2.10.