Crop to selection not working

billlee
Hey there! All of a sudden, the "Crop to Selection" option is grayed out for me
under both Image and Layer. I've tried different file types, existing files, new
files... I've unistalled & reinstalled Gimp. It still won't let me crop anything
no matter what I try! Any suggestions?

I'm on Windows 7 (64-bit ) running the latest version of Gimp (2.10.6)

Thank you!

--
shugazi (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Crop to selection not working

billlee
>Hey there! All of a sudden, the "Crop to Selection" option is grayed
>out for me under both Image and Layer. I've tried different file
>types, existing files, new files... I've unistalled & reinstalled
>Gimp. It still won't let me crop anything no matter what I try! Any
>suggestions?
>
>I'm on Windows 7 (64-bit ) running the latest version of Gimp (2.10.6)
>
>Thank you!

I had the same issue, after much messing around I found that my selection tool
mode was set to "Subtract", not the normal default of "Replace". No idea how I
did this, but it stayed that way even after a reboot.

I found if I double clicked on the selection tool, it would highlight the
configuration, and at the top there I could change the mode back to normal (also
using Shift would do what I needed).

Hopefully this helps someone else!

--
sillyfrog (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Crop to selection not working

billlee
THANK YOU SO MUCH. This solved it for me, I thought I was going crazy. Thank
you!

--
shugazi (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Crop to selection not working

billlee
>THANK YOU SO MUCH. This solved it for me, I thought I was going crazy.
>Thank you!

Thank both of you, humans from the far distant past. You have saved that bitch I
was about to choke, and she will be forced to build statues to honor you.

--
MJohnsontenthousand (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)