Quantcast

Crop

oneaty
After setting the crop tool to 6in X 4in including aspect the values alter as I
crop the image and it is taking further steps to achieve a postcard size with a
reduced resolution. How do I lock the crop dimensions ?
Coming from Elements 14 I like being able to devote most of the screen to the
image and not have a thick tool bar below image BUT cropping must to a print
size must be quick.

--
Shantyman (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Crop

Ofnuts-2
On 08/02/17 18:53, Shantyman wrote:
> After setting the crop tool to 6in X 4in including aspect the values alter as I
> crop the image and it is taking further steps to achieve a postcard size with a
> reduced resolution. How do I lock the crop dimensions ?
> Coming from Elements 14 I like being able to devote most of the screen to the
> image and not have a thick tool bar below image BUT cropping must to a print
> size must be quick.

1) See the "Fixed:" check box in the tool option and the selector next
to it (Aspect ratio/width/height/size)

2) Do not overlook the diskette and load icons at the bottom that let
you save/restore settings for the tool.