Corruption in layers

Luthien
Deleting large amounts of background and cloning the remaining image to create
new image.effects. All layers have alpha layers

After a large amount of work, corruption on the layer  appears in the form of
white pixels appearing in a local area next to the cloning work being done.

The corrupted rogue pixels cannot be deleted, they move randomly when a eraser
tool is used on them, they also show through the background image as well

Was using 2.10.8 and the rouge pixels were white. Reinstalled to 2.10.18 the
same happened but the rouge pixels are now black

Your help please

--
Regor (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Corruption in layers

Luthien
>Deleting large amounts of background and cloning the remaining image
>to create
>new image.effects. All layers have alpha layers
>
>After a large amount of work, corruption on the layer  appears in the
>form of
>white pixels appearing in a local area next to the cloning work being
>done.
>
>The corrupted rogue pixels cannot be deleted, they move randomly when
>a eraser
>tool is used on them, they also show through the background image as
>well
>
>Was using 2.10.8 and the rouge pixels were white. Reinstalled to
>2.10.18 the
>same happened but the rouge pixels are now black
>
>Your help please

Hello
> The point about the pixels changing from white to black is bit odd after
reinstalling
> BUT did you erase/refresh/renew your config files
> they stay when you uninstalling gimp even when a new/fresh version is
installed
> could be worth checking
>
> Also what distro are you on Linux or Windows version
>
> The Gimp you got from Where site or distro repo is it snap or flatpack or
normal standard repo issue from which Distro

> Maybe could be a corrupted file/download if gotten from a non repo site
>
> For anyone to figure this tricky tricky they really could use a lot more info
on specifics to narrow down the cause

> I'm Very interested about this one I have not heard of this before
> all the best and I hope the extra info will help to work this out - Chances
are it's a simple fix - Let's hope so

--
fa-flyingalone (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Corruption in layers

Luthien
Thanks for your reply and interest

When we reinstalled, we cleaned out all profile settings we could find
The down load was from the Gimp site
Windows 10
Further checking showed that
The corruption occurred on layers that were duplicated
The corruption showed on one user computer - 2.10.18 where the editing was being
done, but a copy of the image file containing duplicated layers did not show on
another computer which uses an earlier version, 2.10.8

We determined that the problem was connected in some way to the Alpha channel

Our first fix was to add a background layer, and adjusted the opacity to only 1%
Refer image 1,2,3
While this fix worked it was not a practical solution

We then looked further at the transparency layer options; Threshold Alpha. The
Threshold Alpha default setting was 0.5. This default valve appeared OK; but if
you open the preview screen, it shows the corruption. Refer images 4,5,6.7,8

We moved the slider to "1" then "0" then back to 0.5 and, and this value is
accepted. The problem was solved. It is as if the default value does not
register

This would appear to be an application bug

I hope this is of help to you and I appreciated your offer of help

>Hello
>reinstalling
>installed
>normal standard repo issue from which Distro
>on specifics to narrow down the cause
>are it's a simple fix - Let's hope so

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1416/original/Alpha_Threshold.pdf