Quantcast

Corrupted PSD file - Looking for Help

Karl22
So, imagine that you're me, you're saving every few hours, and things are going
pretty well. You're working on a large project that you're getting paid for, and
you're about done.

Then the file that you've just saved gets corrupted. 17 hours of work, gone.
I'm not entirely sure how, but one moment I have a project with eighty-something
layers, then I open it up shortly after, and it's a one layer picture covered in
pink and green noise.

I've tried using two PSD recovery tools. Neither of them did anything.
For the sake of my client and my paycheck, I need help.

Is there any way to reverse this, recover a previous save, or anything of the
sort?

--
Following-the-rabbit (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Corrupted PSD file - Looking for Help

Ross Martinek
I’ll try, but it might help if we knew what platform and OS you are using.

First, I’ve found it is not a good idea to save a working GIMP file as a PSD. If you must do this, set up a sequential backup scheme. Best practice is to use GIMP’s native format until you are finished, then use “Save as …”

To save this situation, have you tried launching GIMP, then using File Menu: Open as Layers …? Not using that option with a PSD file often results in problems if the PSD file contains layers.

Ross