Convert to profile error (babl and CLUTs)?

Convert to profile error (babl and CLUTs)?

rich404
I'm using gimp 2.10 from flatpak on Ubuntu 16.04

When converting image to profile (for Canon Selphy CP1200) before print I got
error on the console:

gimp_color_transform_new: error making format: CanSelphy_Can-Glossy-S01_1.icc:
profile contains perceptual luts and perceptual was explicitly asked for, babl
does not yet support CLUTs

The ICC was made on Apple computer using X-Rite software.

Does it mean that I cannot convert image and print it correctly using just GIMP
for this particular profile? I use jpgicc and darktable for prints but sometimes
Gimp is just the proper tool.

Regards

--
Maciej (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Convert to profile error (babl and CLUTs)?

Øyvind Kolås-2
On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 3:10 PM Maciej <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm using gimp 2.10 from flatpak on Ubuntu 16.04
>
> When converting image to profile (for Canon Selphy CP1200) before print I got
> error on the console:
>
> gimp_color_transform_new: error making format: CanSelphy_Can-Glossy-S01_1.icc:
> profile contains perceptual luts and perceptual was explicitly asked for, babl
> does not yet support CLUTs
>
> The ICC was made on Apple computer using X-Rite software.
>
> Does it mean that I cannot convert image and print it correctly using just GIMP
> for this particular profile? I use jpgicc and darktable for prints but sometimes
> Gimp is just the proper tool.

The warning on the console is a report that GIMP asked babl to parse
and interpret the profile; and babl is telling GIMP back that it
cannot. As a result of babl returning nothing to GIMP, GIMP will
instead use the slower but more complete lcms2 for conversions
involving this ICC profile.