Command line Gimp on OS X

I'd like to open a file in Gimp as part of a script.

If Gimp is not launched, it works perfectly with:
open McGimp-2.10.8.app --args ~/Documents/Archive/scanpic.jpg

But I don't know how to open a file with the script when Gimp is already
launched.

Any idea how to achieve that on a Mac (Sierra)?

Best regards,

Re: Command line Gimp on OS X

Ofnuts-2
On 1/2/19 10:09 PM, Alain Jennotte via gimp-developer-list wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to open a file in Gimp as part of a script.
>
> If Gimp is not launched, it works perfectly with:
> open McGimp-2.10.8.app --args ~/Documents/Archive/scanpic.jpg
>
> But I don't know how to open a file with the script when Gimp is already
> launched.
>
> Any idea how to achieve that on a Mac (Sierra)?

Use the -n/--new-instance parameter to make a new Gimp instance.

And see "gimp --help" for other useful parameters