Colour Palette

Peter Wells
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to find the colour palette. i.e. plain colours
for example to use with bucket fill. I can find all sorts of patterns
and gimmicks but no basic colour palette.

Many thanks,

Peter.

Re: Colour Palette

Liam R E Quin
On Tue, 2020-12-22 at 12:34 +0100, Peter Wells wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me how to find the colour palette. i.e. plain
> coloursf or example to use with bucket fill.

One way is to click on the two overlapping rectangles (one black and
one white, by default) under the toolbox, that show the current paint
colours (foreground and background respectively).

Another is to click on the colour swatch in tool options for the bucket
fill.

To choose from  groups of similar colours,
go to the Window menu and choose Dockable Dialogues->Palettes. You can
right-click on one that sounds interesting and choose Edit, and now
clicking on a colour in it will choose that colour for the foreground,
including bucket fill.

ankh