Color difference after PDF imported into GIMP

Color difference after PDF imported into GIMP

billlee
Hello All,

I had a wired thing that when I imported the PDF picture into GIMP, the color is
different. See the attached picture. You can find the colorwash becomes darker.
I didn't adjust anything. Do you know how to deal with it?

Thanks.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/992/original/Untitled.png

--
RichardHuang (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Color difference after PDF imported into GIMP

billlee
>Hello All,
>
>I had a wired thing that when I imported the PDF picture into GIMP,
>the color is different. See the attached picture. You can find the
>colorwash becomes darker. I didn't adjust anything. Do you know how to
>deal with it?
>
>Thanks.

Hi,
Probably the PDF has been made ready for printing in the CMYK color space. Since
GIMP works in the RGB color space, color differences may occur during
conversion.

--
s7habo (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)