Color Picker right-side bars not selectable, new "feature" or setting?

Color Picker right-side bars not selectable, new "feature" or setting?

jake besworth
I was editing an image with GIMP (2.8.16 and 2.8.22) and noticed that if I
click Color Picker -> and try to click the bars on the ride-side column in
the colorpicker they don't seem to move anymore. I can drag the arrows, and
right click to get a percentage move, but before you could click and drag
anywhere on the bars and it would allow you to accurately pick a color
without having to manually find the arrows first.

Is this a new "feature", or is there a setting or otherwise something that
I can do to go back to old behaviour?

Thanks for any advice!

Re: Color Picker right-side bars not selectable, new "feature" or setting?

Michael Schumacher
Am 14.05.2017 um 15:20 schrieb jake besworth:

> I was editing an image with GIMP (2.8.16 and 2.8.22) and noticed that if I

Does this happen with both 2.8.16 and 2.8.22, or did it start with 2.8.22?

> click Color Picker -> and try to click the bars on the ride-side column in
> the colorpicker they don't seem to move anymore. I can drag the arrows, and
> right click to get a percentage move, but before you could click and drag
> anywhere on the bars and it would allow you to accurately pick a color
> without having to manually find the arrows first.

What platform do you use?

Re: Color Picker right-side bars not selectable, new "feature" or setting?

jake besworth
@Michael: Happens for both versions, on Ubuntu 16.04.

Here is gif of it happening: https://i.imgur.com/qLcedls.gifv note the only
time the slider moves is right click (moves 10 either direction) or
dragging exactly where arrows are. Clicking on any of the bars does not
move arrows.