Color Fonts`

Samuel Martin
Hi,

I've recently become aware of color fonts like these<https://designshack.net/articles/typography/color-fonts-a-beginners-guide/>.

Are they supported in GIMP, and if not will they be?

Cheers,

Sam

Re: Color Fonts`

Carol Spears-2
On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 11:36 PM, Samuel Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've recently become aware of color fonts like these<
> https://designshack.net/articles/typography/color-fonts-a-beginners-guide/
> >.
>
> Are they supported in GIMP, and if not will they be?
>
> I can see how those could get real ugly real fast!

GIMP as I know it cannot render these fonts as expected.

Probably support for this belongs to Inkscape.  That being said by someone
who is just guessing.  I am pretty sure that GIMP does not work with SVG as
fonts.

More than this, I saw a very beautiful web page made with GTM (GIMP Table
Magic) so long ago.  Some of those font renderings really reminded me of
this.

carol

Re: Color Fonts`

Daniel Smith-13
Remember too that in case you're doing this type thing for the web that you
can do some wild text styles with JavaScript or css etc.
Dan
http://www.google.com/search?q=css+JavaScript+font+animations&btnG=