Clone Tool not working

rich404
Hello!

I had the 2.10.10 version of Gimp on my computer and was editing many pictures
everyday, especially using the clone tool.
All of a sudden, out of nowhere, the clone tool stopped working. I set the
"source spot" using ctrl+left click and then wanted to start painting my
selection from my source but when I clicked and dragged across my selection,
nothing happened. It didn't change the image.

I updated to version 2.10.12 (latest version) but i still have the same problem.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

louisbosqui

--
louisbosqui (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Clone Tool not working

rich404
>Hello!
>
>I had the 2.10.10 version of Gimp on my computer and was editing many
>pictures everyday, especially using the clone tool.
>All of a sudden, out of nowhere, the clone tool stopped working. I set
>the "source spot" using ctrl+left click and then wanted to start
>painting my selection from my source but when I clicked and dragged
>across my selection, nothing happened. It didn't change the image.
>
>I updated to version 2.10.12 (latest version) but i still have the
>same problem.
>
>Any help is appreciated, thanks!
>
>louisbosqui

Guessing a Windows user.  Updating Gimp is not a bad idea however please note
that re-installing Gimp does not remove/change your Gimp profile where the tool
settings are kept.

C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\

First thing to check is the Alignment - right down at the bottom of the menu (1)
and often overlooked.  If that is in 'Registered' mode then for a single layer
you are cloning on top of the source and nothing happens.

While there try a reset to default values (2), might be a fix.

Still not working? Rename that Gimp profile as a backup. Start Gimp up and it
makes a new default profile. Check it works ok. Copy any resources
brushes/scripts..etc over from the backup.

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1206/original/clonetool.jpg

Clone Tool not working

rich404
>Guessing a Windows user.  Updating Gimp is not a bad idea however
>please note that re-installing Gimp does not remove/change your Gimp
>profile where the tool settings are kept.
>
>C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\
>
>First thing to check is the Alignment - right down at the bottom of
>the menu (1)  and often overlooked.  If that is in 'Registered' mode
>then for a single layer you are cloning on top of the source and
>nothing happens.
>
>While there try a reset to default values (2), might be a fix.
>
>Still not working? Rename that Gimp profile as a backup. Start Gimp up
>and it makes a new default profile. Check it works ok. Copy any
>resources brushes/scripts..etc over from the backup.

Resetting the tool worked. Many thanks!!!

--
louisbosqui (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)