Change Brush Size - Grayed out?

chrisj
I'm trying to use the clone tool to make some touchups but can't figure out how
to change the brush size. If I double click on the brush it opens the 'Brush
Editor' and I get a dialog that shows options like Radius, Hardness, Aspect
Ratio, etc. but all of these options are disabled/grayed out. Why?

Thanks!
Craig

PS.
Yes, I've read this post about brush size in general but I don't really want to
reprogram my mouse to adjust brush size. I like the default functionality.

http://www.gimpusers.com/forums/gimp-user/17876-changing-the-brush-sizes

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/636/original/gimp.png

--
cme0848 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Change Brush Size - Grayed out?

chrisj
>I'm trying to use the clone tool to make some touchups but can't
>figure out how to change the brush size. If I double click on the
>brush it opens the 'Brush Editor' and I get a dialog that shows
>options like Radius, Hardness, Aspect Ratio, etc. but all of these
>options are disabled/grayed out. Why?

The parametric brush editor is not the way to re-size a brush for use with the
clone tool in Gimp 2.8.x  It is a bit of a hang-over from Gimp 2.6.

For reference, the stock brushes are not-editable. Right click on the brush,
make a copy and that copy is editable if needed .

Otherwise, using the clone tool and the small fuzzy brush,

1. Natural size of brush is 51 (25 radius)

2. Using the tool options, the size can be adjusted as required. You can also
adjust the size without re-sampling.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/637/original/clonesize.jpg