Cant dock dialogs/change layers

rich2005
I have a (i think) rather small problem with gimp. The programm itself works
fine, but when i try to dock dialogs or change layers, it somehow doesn't show
the blue "yes, this can be dragged here" tint where it normally would. Also, i
cant change any layers around. I think, gimp doesnt recognize that im in the
programm, so it doesn't show it... Any help is appreciated....

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/628/original/HALP.png

--
Butterkopf (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Cant dock dialogs/change layers

rich2005
>I have a (i think) rather small problem with gimp. The programm itself
>works fine, but when i try to dock dialogs or change layers, it
>somehow doesn't show the blue "yes, this can be dragged here" tint
>where it normally would. Also, i cant change any layers around. I
>think, gimp doesnt recognize that im in the programm, so it doesn't
>show it... Any help is appreciated....

No replies? Best if you give OS - Win 7 / 10 / or linux/OSX and version of Gimp.

I remember a similar problem reported recently but as ever not able to find it.
In the past problems with Windows updates and Windows AV software sometimes
blamed but I think, it is often your Gimp profile.

A more general starting point.

1. Rename your Gimp profile to disable, say (Windows)
C:\Users\your-name\.gimp-2.8-bak (linux) ~./gimp-2.8-bak

Start Gimp up and check for problems.

2. Do 1. and then install the latest version of Gimp from www.gimp.org