Quantcast

Can't remember where to find this tool...

Can't remember where to find this tool...

oneaty
Hi, I am trying to find a tool which I can't remember, which I used to use years
ago.

There used to be a tool where if for example I have a bit of hair sticking out,
I would use this tool on it, and it would disappear and become the same colour
as the background.

Does anyone know what this tool is called and where it's found?

Any advice appreciated.

--
zukias (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Can't remember where to find this tool...

Ofnuts-2
On 21/02/17 23:11, zukias wrote:

> Hi, I am trying to find a tool which I can't remember, which I used to use years
> ago.
>
> There used to be a tool where if for example I have a bit of hair sticking out,
> I would use this tool on it, and it would disappear and become the same colour
> as the background.
>
> Does anyone know what this tool is called and where it's found?
>
> Any advice appreciated.

The Blur tool? ("Droplet" icon)?

Can't remember where to find this tool...

oneaty
>The Blur tool? ("Droplet" icon)?
nah, all that does it... blur... it :p
The tool I'm thinking of used to intelligently detect what the predominant theme
was for the local area. For example if the wall was in the background and I had
a bit of hair sticking out, this tool would make the hair disappear and in its
place, it would look like the wall was there all along.

--
zukias (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Can't remember where to find this tool...

oneaty
>nah, all that does it... blur... it :p
>The tool I'm thinking of used to intelligently detect what the
>predominant theme was for the local area. For example if the wall was
>in the background and I had a bit of hair sticking out, this tool
>would make the hair disappear and in its place, it would look like the
>wall was there all along.

I'm now beginning to think if it is gimp at all? But Gimp is the only photo
editing software I've ever used. The only other image-related software I've ever
used is Inkscape and I can't imagine an svg-editing based software package would
contain such advanced pixel-image editing functionality.

On 22/02/17 00:02, zukias wrote:

>> nah, all that does it... blur... it :p
>> The tool I'm thinking of used to intelligently detect what the
>> predominant theme was for the local area. For example if the wall was
>> in the background and I had a bit of hair sticking out, this tool
>> would make the hair disappear and in its place, it would look like the
>> wall was there all along.
> I'm now beginning to think if it is gimp at all? But Gimp is the only photo
> editing software I've ever used. The only other image-related software I've ever
> used is Inkscape and I can't imagine an svg-editing based software package would
> contain such advanced pixel-image editing functionality.

The resynthesizer plugin, then... but it works on things much bigger
than hair...

Re: Can't remember where to find this tool...

Pat David
The Clone or Heal brush possibly?
On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 5:48 PM Ofnuts <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 22/02/17 00:02, zukias wrote:
> >> nah, all that does it... blur... it :p
> >> The tool I'm thinking of used to intelligently detect what the
> >> predominant theme was for the local area. For example if the wall was
> >> in the background and I had a bit of hair sticking out, this tool
> >> would make the hair disappear and in its place, it would look like the
> >> wall was there all along.
> > I'm now beginning to think if it is gimp at all? But Gimp is the only
> photo
> > editing software I've ever used. The only other image-related software
> I've ever
> > used is Inkscape and I can't imagine an svg-editing based software
> package would
> > contain such advanced pixel-image editing functionality.
> >
> The resynthesizer plugin, then... but it works on things much bigger
> than hair...

Pat David
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC

Can't remember where to find this tool...

oneaty
>Hi, I am trying to find a tool which I can't remember, which I used to
>use years ago.
>
>There used to be a tool where if for example I have a bit of hair
>sticking out, I would use this tool on it, and it would disappear and
>become the same colour as the background.
>
>Does anyone know what this tool is called and where it's found?
>
>Any advice appreciated.

clone tool maybe?

--
satrio_jati (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)