Can't drag and drop UI elements

chrisj
So, a while ago my GIMP installation stopped allowing me to reorder layers by
dragging and dropping them, and now i find myself also unable to drag tabs to
dock them in toolboxes.

I googled a bunch and only found answers that pointed at an old windows 8 update
causing this, which, given I'm on windoes 10, and it worked fine before, don't
think really apply.

I even did a clean install, deleting every gimp thing on the pc, and updating to
the new version, but nothing has changed.

Any suggestion? This has gotten quite annoying

--
Eingya (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Can't drag and drop UI elements

chrisj
>So, a while ago my GIMP installation stopped allowing me to reorder
>layers by dragging and dropping them, and now i find myself also
>unable to drag tabs to dock them in toolboxes.
>
>I googled a bunch and only found answers that pointed at an old
>windows 8 update causing this, which, given I'm on windoes 10, and it
>worked fine before, don't think really apply.
>
>I even did a clean install, deleting every gimp thing on the pc, and
>updating to the new version, but nothing has changed.
>
>Any suggestion? This has gotten quite annoying

And apparently it works fine only if i use it on my laptop's original screen (I
usually have another screen attached through hdmi)

--
Eingya (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Can't drag and drop UI elements

chrisj
>And apparently it works fine only if i use it on my laptop's original
>screen (I usually have another screen attached through hdmi)

There was a similar problem earlier

http://www.gimpusers.com/mailmsg.php?88136%40forums.gimpusers.com

Since you already purged Gimp and reinstalled, probably not that.

Almost certainly that 2 monitor setup. Working on your external monitor, you do
not know what is happening on the laptop.

Only suggestion, instead of drag-n-wish use the Add tab option for the dialogue
as screenshot

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/646/original/add-tab.jpg