CYMK

Richard-118
when will gimp be able to do CYMK ?

-TKS
Rick

Re: CYMK

Sven Neumann
Hi,

Richard Nagle <[hidden email]> writes:

> when will gimp be able to do CYMK ?

It can already do CMYK. What level of support are you asking for?
What's your background, what's your workflow?

Sven

Re: CYMK

Richard-118
okay, let me further explain,

image mode > RGB
image mode > Grayscale
image mode > CMYK

when will CMYK be supported.
using version 2.2.6

Thanks -
Rick

Re: CYMK

Olivier Ripoll
Richard Nagle wrote:

> okay, let me further explain,
>
> image mode > RGB
> image mode > Grayscale
> image mode > CMYK
>
> when will CMYK be supported.
> using version 2.2.6
>
> Thanks -
> Rick

Please explain further. What is limiting you in using RGB and exporting
to CYMK ?
Sure CYMK support in gimp 2.2 is not complete, but it is usable to some
point. If you define clearly the set of features you consider to be
important to consider CYMK supported, then maybe Sven or other gimp guys
  will be able to answer your question more precisely.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Olivier

Re: Re: CYMK

Richard-118
Sure,

Our new printer, prints out in CMYK ( color )

Regards-
Richard

Olivier Ripoll, [hidden email], Monday, June 20, 2005

>Richard Nagle wrote:
>> okay, let me further explain,
>>
>> image mode > RGB
>> image mode > Grayscale
>> image mode > CMYK
>>
>> when will CMYK be supported.
>> using version 2.2.6
>>
>> Thanks -
>> Rick
>
>Please explain further. What is limiting you in using RGB and exporting
>to CYMK ?
>Sure CYMK support in gimp 2.2 is not complete, but it is usable to some
>point. If you define clearly the set of features you consider to be
>important to consider CYMK supported, then maybe Sven or other gimp guys
>  will be able to answer your question more precisely.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Olivier

Re: Re: CYMK

Sven Neumann
Hi,

Richard Nagle <[hidden email]> writes:

> Our new printer, prints out in CMYK ( color )

That is not exactly a good reason to actually work in CMYK. It only
means that you will want to do a reasonable RGB->CMYK conversion at
the very end of your workflow. Do you have a color profile of your
printer? You will need that in order to do such a reasonable
conversion.

Sven