C2G

Jack Ogden
Hi,

I have been using the GEGL C2G a lot in Gimp 2.8. Now I have updated to
2.10 I find the parameters in Color to Grey very different and have been
unable to get the same effects - they seem more washed out and with less
contrast.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Jack

Re: C2G

Users mailing list
On Tuesday, June 25, 2019, Jack Ogden <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been using the GEGL C2G a lot in Gimp 2.8. Now I have updated to
> 2.10 I find the parameters in Color to Grey very different and have been
> unable to get the same effects - they seem more washed out and with less
> contrast.
>
> Any thoughts?

I noticed this with linear desaturate and switched my scripts back to the
other sometime ago.

A better discussion of this might be found at the developer mail list where
the authors are more frequent.

carol

Re: C2G

Pierre L.
Hey,

I saw something similar... this one is about alpha channel, and .dds
export, a guy is showing :
https://imgur.com/a/qW7zzdE
from the forum message :
http://www.maniapark.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=211743#p211743

And I've tested to go back to Gimp 2.8 as said on his message, it's ok

May be it's the same problem for you ?

Le 25/06/2019 à 13:22, Jack Ogden a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I have been using the GEGL C2G a lot in Gimp 2.8. Now I have updated to
> 2.10 I find the parameters in Color to Grey very different and have been
> unable to get the same effects - they seem more washed out and with less
> contrast.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jack

Re: C2G

Liam R E Quin
On Thu, 2019-06-27 at 09:11 +0200, Pierre L. wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I saw something similar... this one is about alpha channel, and .dds
> export, a guy is showing :
> https://imgur.com/a/qW7zzdE
> from the forum message :
> http://www.maniapark.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=211743#p211743

This person is using a third-party DDS plugin (it is not "built in to
gimp") and that plugin appears to need updating.

> Le 25/06/2019 à 13:22, Jack Ogden a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been using the GEGL C2G a lot in Gimp 2.8. Now I have
> > updated to
> > 2.10 I find the parameters in Color to Grey very different

This is about colour management probably, and whether you are using a
linear or gamma-corrected image.

Liam (slave ankh)

Click here to have the slave beaten.