Buy Full Version?

rich2005
How do I buy the full version of Gimp? I noticed several actions are grayed out.

--
mistiaya (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Buy Full Version?

rich2005
>How do I buy the full version of Gimp? I noticed several actions are
>grayed out.

There is no **full** version of Gimp, regardless of operating system, Gimp is
free-open-source-software (FOSS)

Providing you get your Gimp installer from www.gimp.org the version of Gimp you
have will be the most recent.

If you have anything called GimpShop or similar, **dump it** straight away, it
contains dubious 'advertising extras' and install the official version from
www.gimp.org

Back to the question. The reason for some menu entries grayed out

You do not have an image open

The active image is in indexed or grayscale color mode - change to RGB use Image
-> Mode

The action requires transparency - an alpha channel. use Layers -> Transparency
-> Add Alpha Channel.

There is always a reason. Not Gimp, blame the User.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Buy Full Version?

rich2005
While I appreciate your answer and the information, I don't think it was
necessary to say "There is always a reason. Not Gimp, blame the User.". I am new
to Gimp and I had a question. There is no need to talk down to me.

Thank you.

--
mistiaya (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Buy Full Version?

rich2005
>While I appreciate your answer and the information, I don't think it
>was necessary to say "There is always a reason. Not Gimp, blame the
>User.". I am new to Gimp and I had a question. There is no need to
>talk down to me.

Certainly not talking down to you. Remember in the future, when you come across
the same **this-does-not-work** and it will happen. Could be using Gimp, could
be Photoshop.. or anything.

Always suspect yourself first. I have used since Gimp 2.2 (2004) and seen most
things. If something goes wrong the first thing I suspect is....me.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net