Building babl & gegl with meson

Ofnuts-2
Is there a write-up somewhere indicating how to build Babl & Gegl? They
seem to be using meson/ninja and all the indications I can find look
fairly old and assume that they are built using autoconf+make.

Cheers

Re: Building babl & gegl with meson

Developers mailing list
Ofnut,

You are pretty well versed in this stuff. :)

This should get you started:

1. Babl:
git clone https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/babl.git
meson builddir --prefix=$PREFIX/babl -Denable-gir=false -Dwith-docs=false
&& cd builddir
ninja install

2. GEGL
git clone https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gegl.git
meson builddir --prefix=$PREFIX/gegl -Dintrospection=false && cd builddir
ninja install

Obviously adjust the parameters as per your environment.

Also, I define the various flags up front. For example:

export PREFIX=$HOME/local
export CFLAGS='-g -O3 -ffast-math -ftree-vectorize'
export CPPFLAGS="-I$PREFIX/include -I$PREFIX/SuiteSparse/include"
export CXXFLAGS='-std=c++14 -O3 -ffast-math -ftree-vectorize'
export LDFLAGS="-L$PREFIX/lib -L$PREFIX/SuiteSparse/lib"
export LIBS="$LDFLAGS"
export
PATH=$HOME/local/bin:$HOME/local/python/bin:$PREFIX/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/X11/bin:$PREFIX/gegl/bin
export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$HOME/local/lib/pkgconfig:$PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig:$PREFIX/share/pkgconfig:/opt/X11/lib/pkgconfig:$PREFIX/babl/lib/pkgconfig:$PREFIX/babl/lib/pkgconfig

Hope this helps!

Partha

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 6:09 PM Ofnuts <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there a write-up somewhere indicating how to build Babl & Gegl? They
> seem to be using meson/ninja and all the indications I can find look
> fairly old and assume that they are built using autoconf+make.
>
> Cheers

Re: Building babl & gegl with meson

Owen Cook

> Sent: Friday, March 06, 2020 at 10:09 AM
> From: "Ofnuts" <[hidden email]>
> To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [Gimp-developer] Building babl & gegl with meson
>
> Is there a write-up somewhere indicating how to build Babl & Gegl? They
> seem to be using meson/ninja and all the indications I can find look
> fairly old and assume that they are built using autoconf+make.

Try

https://wiki.gimp.org/wiki/Hacking:Building

Owen

On 06/03/2020 00:34, Partha Bagchi wrote:
> Ofnut,
>
> You are pretty well versed in this stuff. :)

I used to be...

> This should get you started:

Exactly what the doctor ordered, thanks.

On 06/03/2020 05:43, Owen wrote:
> Try
>
> https://wiki.gimp.org/wiki/Hacking:Building
>

> Owen