Quantcast

Brushes won't work properly. Help!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Brushes won't work properly. Help!

Kalanco
I have a windows ten laptop, with the latest gimp downloaded. Everything was
fine for the first few days but yesterday when I opened up gimp the brush won't
drag anymore, it will only do dots? My graphics tablet works on every other
programme I have, its just gimp that's the problem, and I have no idea how to
fix it.
Please help! I'm utterly clueless.

--
Anatak (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Brushes won't work properly. Help!

Ofnuts-2
On 04/27/17 03:37, Anatak wrote:
> I have a windows ten laptop, with the latest gimp downloaded. Everything was
> fine for the first few days but yesterday when I opened up gimp the brush won't
> drag anymore, it will only do dots? My graphics tablet works on every other
> programme I have, its just gimp that's the problem, and I have no idea how to
> fix it.
> Please help! I'm utterly clueless.
>
You must have changed the "spacing" of the brush :  A continuous line is
just very many copies of the brush overlapping each other because the
step is about 1/20th (5%) of the brush size. To change the spacing, i
its one of the regular round brushes:

- start the paintbrush tool

- click the "edit" icon on the righ of the field with the brush name

- change the spacing (slided at the bottom) of the dialog.

_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Brushes won't work properly. Help!

Kalanco
>You must have changed the "spacing" of the brush :  A continuous line
>is
>just very many copies of the brush overlapping each other because the
>step is about 1/20th (5%) of the brush size. To change the spacing, i
>its one of the regular round brushes:
>
>- start the paintbrush tool
>
>- click the "edit" icon on the righ of the field with the brush name
>
>- change the spacing (slided at the bottom) of the dialog.


I just tried that, on both extremes, going to 1.0 spacing right up to the end of
the bar but both have the same results? The brsh still will only do one dot and
refuses to drag?

--
Anatak (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Brushes won't work properly. Help!

Ofnuts-2
On 04/28/17 01:32, Anatak wrote:
> I just tried that, on both extremes, going to 1.0 spacing right up to the end of
> the bar but both have the same results? The brsh still will only do one dot and
> refuses to drag?

Is it a standard brush? If so which? Otherwise can you post the file
somewhere?

_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Brushes won't work properly. Help!

Kalanco
>Is it a standard brush? If so which? Otherwise can you post the file
>somewhere?

I did some experimenting and it works normally if I use my mouse, but the moment
I switch to using the graphics tablet it goes all wonky? I'm confused because it
used to work before.
I don't entirely know what you mean by adding a file? Would a screenshot work?

--
Anatak (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Brushes won't work properly. Help!

Ofnuts-2
On 29/04/17 01:47, Anatak wrote:
>> Is it a standard brush? If so which? Otherwise can you post the file
>> somewhere?
> I did some experimenting and it works normally if I use my mouse, but the moment
> I switch to using the graphics tablet it goes all wonky? I'm confused because it
> used to work before.
> I don't entirely know what you mean by adding a file? Would a screenshot work?
>
Make sure you have brush dynamics set to "Dynamics off" with both mouse
and tablet. Spacing is also defined in the brush dynamics, and you could
have separate dynamics for mouse and brush.

_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Loading...