Quantcast

Brush icons and color picker are blue and difficult to see

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Brush icons and color picker are blue and difficult to see

Karl22
I just installed linux with a fresh copy of gimp. The brush icons and color
picker among other things are dark blue here is a link that shows the problem

http://i.imgur.com/8ALjVRE.jpg

How to fix it?

--
usr238 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Brush icons and color picker are blue and difficult to see

Karl22
>I just installed linux with a fresh copy of gimp. The brush icons and
>color picker among other things are dark blue here is a link that
>shows the problem
>
>http://i.imgur.com/8ALjVRE.jpg
>
>How to fix it?

Never seen anything like that before and I have run Gimp in several flavours of
linux over many years.

What version of linux?  Which desktop environment? Which desktop theme? For good
measure which version of Gimp?

rich: www.gimp-forum.net


--
rich2005 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Brush icons and color picker are blue and difficult to see

Karl22
>Never seen anything like that before and I have run Gimp in several
>flavours of linux over many years.
>
>What version of linux?  Which desktop environment? Which desktop
>theme? For good measure which version of Gimp?
>
>rich: www.gimp-forum.net

sudo uname -a
Linux odroid-jessie 3.10.104+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Feb 21 14:20:54 CET 2017 armv7l
GNU/Linux

Gimp 2.8.14

Desktop is openbox with no theme.

Besides the brushes the color picker and many menu items are blue too, but
mostly icons.

--
usr238 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Brush icons and color picker are blue and difficult to see

Owen Cook
In reply to this post by Karl22



>
> I just installed linux with a fresh copy of gimp. The brush icons and color
> picker among other things are dark blue here is a link that shows the problem
>
> http://i.imgur.com/8ALjVRE.jpg
>


Have a look at the bottom right of that image you posted

See the word "Basic"?

Try changing that may or may not fix it



Owen
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Brush icons and color picker are blue and difficult to see

Karl22
>Have a look at the bottom right of that image you posted
>
>See the word "Basic"?
>
>Try changing that may or may not fix it
>
>
>
>Owen

It just gave me a filter, splatters, basic, media etc

There was an option to edit the brush in gimp, I picked a brush at random to
edit and it looks fine, no blue. So it's something to do with the UI maybe.

--
usr238 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Brush icons and color picker are blue and difficult to see

Karl22
In reply to this post by Karl22
>sudo uname -a
>Linux odroid-jessie 3.10.104+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Feb 21 14:20:54 CET
>2017 armv7l GNU/Linux
>
>Gimp 2.8.14
>
>Desktop is openbox with no theme.
>
>Besides the brushes the color picker and many menu items are blue too,
>but mostly icons.

Sorry, nothing in the ARM department I can use to see If I can reproduce the
problem. Maybe others have some ideas.

Best guess, one of the Gimp dependencies is broken. It is the sort of effect
seen when transparency is not rendered correctly.

Why not ask on a (the) odroid forum.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

--
rich2005 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Loading...