Blues look purple?

chrisj
For whatever reason, blues are coming out as purple-ish in GIMP. I tried drawing
with a straight blue brush to test - 255 blue, no other values, and it's still
purple. It's not a monitor issue, or I'd be seeing those blues elsewhere, but
the colour selector is normally-coloured.

I tried the same with solid green and red, but neither of them seem affect by
whatever's happening to the blue colours.

Has anyone run into this problem before? I do art commissions so this is kind of
affecting my work.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/632/original/purple.png

--
KoopaKrazy85 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Blues look purple?

chrisj
>For whatever reason, blues are coming out as purple-ish in GIMP. I
>tried drawing with a straight blue brush to test - 255 blue, no other
>values, and it's still purple. It's not a monitor issue, or I'd be
>seeing those blues elsewhere, but the colour selector is
>normally-coloured.
>
>I tried the same with solid green and red, but neither of them seem
>affect by whatever's happening to the blue colours.
>
>Has anyone run into this problem before? I do art commissions so this
>is kind of affecting my work.

Strangely enough, you screenshot looks ok here.

However I can reproduce the effect. Have you checked Edit -> Preferences ->
Color Management.

If it is on, try turning it off. Here the effect comes from the monitor profile.

Willing to bet, if you colour pick your 'purple' paint, it comes out RGB 0,0,255

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/633/original/colormanaged.jpg

Blues look purple?

chrisj
>Strangely enough, you screenshot looks ok here.
>
>However I can reproduce the effect. Have you checked Edit ->
>Preferences -> Color Management.
>
>If it is on, try turning it off. Here the effect comes from the
>monitor profile.
>
>Willing to bet, if you colour pick your 'purple' paint, it comes out
>RGB 0,0,255
>
>rich: www.gimp-forum.net
Friggin' awesome! Thanks very much, dunno how I'd managed that

--
KoopaKrazy85 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)