Beggining of a text

Developers mailing list
When I click in image using Text tool, the text properties (font, size,
etc) are defined in panel (eg: Arial 32).

But when I click in an (already created) text layer, even all the text
is in Verdana 16, if I click in the beggining of the text, when I start
typing, it writes in Arial 32 (as in panel).

Like this ("World" is in Verdana 16, "Pepe" in Arial 32):

Why this happens? If I have a text in Verdana 16 and want to write at
the beggining, I suppose to write in the same font, size, etc.

Is a design choice?

--
Marionetas Mey

Mario Sottile - Director