Batch processing on an iMAC

Beinsezii
Hi:

I need to process upward of 700 pictures through GIMP with a simple workflow:

- Open a picture file
- Export it as a JPG file

which enables these files to be uploaded in a custom database (programmed with
Cold Fusion - not by me!) which only accepts the JPG format.

Can anybody give me some ideas or a script to do that?

GIMP is not scriptable with the MAC Script Editor, and it seems only some
Unix-level commands using the Terminal app will work.

Thanks in advance, as this would save me a lot of hours doing this manually!

Gerard

--
GB13 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Batch processing on an iMAC

Beinsezii
>Hi:
>
>I need to process upward of 700 pictures through GIMP with a simple
>workflow:
>
>- Open a picture file
>- Export it as a JPG file
>
>which enables these files to be uploaded in a custom database
>(programmed with Cold Fusion - not by me!) which only accepts the JPG
>format.
>
>Can anybody give me some ideas or a script to do that?
>
>GIMP is not scriptable with the MAC Script Editor, and it seems only
>some Unix-level commands using the Terminal app will work.
>
>Thanks in advance, as this would save me a lot of hours doing this
>manually!
>
>Gerard

If I had to do this? Not Gimp, use ImageMagick. see
https://www.imagemagick.org/script/download.php

Can be a simple as.

magick mogrify -format jpg  *.png

will convert a folder full of png images to jpegs.

On the other hand, if you want to see each image before exporting, the attached
rough-n-ready script exports to a 90 quality jpeg. You need to specify the
destination but only once per session. Unzip, pop in your plugins folder (it is
python) check that it is executable.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/820/original/save90.py.zip

Batch processing on an iMAC

Beinsezii
>If I had to do this? Not Gimp, use ImageMagick. see
>https://www.imagemagick.org/script/download.php
>
>Can be a simple as.
>
>magick mogrify -format jpg  *.png
>
>will convert a folder full of png images to jpegs.
>
>On the other hand, if you want to see each image before exporting, the
>attached rough-n-ready script exports to a 90 quality jpeg. You need
>to specify the destination but only once per session. Unzip, pop in
>your plugins folder (it is python) check that it is executable.
>
>rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Thank you very much...
I may try your suggestion.

--
GB13 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Batch processing on an iMAC

Beinsezii
>Thank you very much...
>I may try your suggestion.

I still advise ImageMagick for 700 files however as a demo two scripts *****.scm
which go in your Gimp profile scripts folder (no need to make these executable)

sg-sequential-edit.scm and quick-export-jpeg.scm zipped them both up and
attached.

A quick video demo of these in use with keyboard shortcuts which reduces
open-export-close to two key presses.

https://youtu.be/VACp2KevY1A

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/821/original/sg-scripts.scm.zip