Batch plugin

rich2005
Hello,

I'm looking for a batch plugin, which is the opposite of imposing the same
watermark on thousands of images.

I have one background image and I need to put thousands of different images on
it.

Thank you in advance,
greetings

--
QrQ (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Batch plugin

Rick Strong-2
Sounds like you need a script that draws from an image database. There is
something on scripting in the help file.
What OS?

Rick S.

Re: Batch plugin

I don't know whether a plugin already exists that does what you want (or even how to put into words

what you are describing), especially what should be done to combine the one file with the "thousands
of images".  (I imagine that the second file's image (each time one of the thousands is opened) will
be scaled down, and probably have its opacity reduced, but...)

If you are in fact requesting that someone write you such a plugin (probably not me, as although I have
been a programmer decades ago, I have done nothing in any of the languages commonly used for
GIMP scripts/plugins), you will have to be more specific about your requirements.

The one file's name could be part of the script [hard-coded], or a command line option.
I imagine that you would place all of the "thousands of images" in a specified directory (ahead of time)
whose name could be hard-coded in the script, or another command line option.
Whether the directory would be traversed recursively or not (directories within directories) would need to
be decided (I cannot believe that they are currently ALL at the same directory-level  - that would seem to
smack of a profound lack of organizational skills...)
Also where to put the resultant combined images...?

 Pseudo-code could run something like this:

Open the One File (this would be the Original layer - "Background")
FOR each of the Other Files in the specified directory
(
OpenAsLayers (Other File)
    if ( no (more) files to read ) GoTo END

    if ( not an image file ) GoTo NEXT
       else
         (
             Mess with 2nd Layer to combine the two images as desired
             Export File As ( some combination of the names of One FIle and Other File)
             Delete 2nd Layer
         )
NEXT: get next Other FIle in list
)
END: exit script

Batch plugin

>Hello,
>
>I'm looking for a batch plugin, which is the opposite of imposing the
>same watermark on thousands of images.
>
>I have one background image and I need to put thousands of different
>images on it.
>
>Thank you in advance,
>greetings

Stating the obvious

You see from another post that writing a gimp script is going to be a PITA, then
it has to applied in a batch file.

A better way is not Gimp but command line ImageMagick.

Assuming Windows since 'batch' was used rather than 'bash', a basic command line
might be, depending on file types

for %i in (*.jpg); do magick composite -gravity south-east "%i" back.png
"%i.png"

That will plant a small image in the bottom right corner of a background image
(back.png)

see: attachment 1 for a folder of sample files.

see: attachment 2 for result.

The place to ask the question for better advice on use is the IM Users forum

https://www.imagemagick.org/discourse-server/

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/595/original/cmd01.jpg
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/596/original/cmd02.jpg