[Animations] How to merge down multiple layers?

[Animations] How to merge down multiple layers?

Users mailing list
Sample: I have a GIF sticker and i want to add some texts to it Once wrote text using "text tool" then it create a new layer and we can right click on that layer then select 'merge down' but it apply to one layer bottom to it. How to apply for all layers at once? (the GIF has 20 layers as frames including background image)

Use cases
For animations (create or edit gifs)

Re: [Animations] How to merge down multiple layers?

Users mailing list
You have to create one copy of your layer per frame, and merge it in the
frame layer. There are several scripts around for this, see for instance
my own ofn-interleave-layers that you will find here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-tools/files/scripts/

Installation instructions on the web page

The .ZIP contains a HTML doc.