Adding elements to pictures

aznelson
I’m quite the novice with gimp and I especially struggle with layers /
navigating the various tools (and subsequent windows that open) available. I’d
really like to learn how to edit pictures of my children, by adding elements to
them. For example adding fairy wings and other magical elements like the
attached example (this isn’t my picture). Can anyone recommend the best place to
start, in order to achieve this? I also wondered if anyone might be able to edit
a picture for me, if I emailed the picture and fairy wings? I really want to
learn to do this myself but need one doing soon, which I feel is going to be
difficult to do myself, since I’ll be learning and starting from scratch! Any
help at all would be very much appreciated! Thank you X

--
NoWhizzKid (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Adding elements to pictures

Liam R E Quin
On Wed, 2020-02-26 at 11:52 +0100, NoWhizzKid wrote:
> . Can anyone recommend the
> best place to
> start,

Photomanipulation forums - there's also a lot of people on
deviantart.com who do it, if you don't mind being exposed to soft porn
sometimes when you do searches! DeviantArt might be the largest place
for people doing photomaniplation at every skill level (including
professional). But find a group; there are facebook groups too.

There's tons of video tutorials.

The book "The Artist's Guide to GIMP" has some excellent tutorials,
although for a slightly older version of gimp.

If you send me the real picture and the fairy wings i'll take a look
but no promises! But if i do it i'll let you know what i did.

slave liam (ankh)

Click here to have the slave rewarded with more chores.