Quantcast

ANNOUNCE: GIMP 2.8.22 released

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

ANNOUNCE: GIMP 2.8.22 released

Michael Schumacher
Hi,

we are releasing GIMP 2.8.22 with various bug fixes.

All platforms will benefit from a change to the image window hierarchy
in single window mode, which improves painting performance when certain
GTK+ themes are used.

This version fixes an ancient CVE bug, CVE-2007-3126. Due to this bug,
the ICO file import plug-in could be crashed by specially crafted image
files. Our attempts to reproduce the bug failed with 2.8 and thus the
impact had likely been minimal for years, but now it is gone for good.

Users on the Apple macOS platforms will benefit from fixes for crashes
during drag&drop and copy&paste operations. On the Microsoft Windows
platforms, crashes encountered when using the color picker with special
multi-screen setups are gone, and picking the actual color instead of
black from anywhere on the screen should finally be possible.

For a complete list of changes since 2.8.20 please see the "Changes"
section below. Also see the release notes of the 2.8 series at
https://www.gimp.org/release-notes/gimp-2.8.html

Happy GIMPing,
--Michael


Download
========

GIMP 2.8.22 is available from:

  https://www.gimp.org/downloads

  and the mirrors listed in
  https://www.gimp.org/downloads/#mirrors

Please use the torrents to distribute the download bandwidth across
many mirrors. You can also help seeding the packages this way.


Direct links to the download directories are available below, these are
set up to use a random mirror:

  https://download.gimp.org/mirror/pub/gimp/v2.8/
  https://download.gimp.org/mirror/pub/gimp/v2.8/osx/
  https://download.gimp.org/mirror/pub/gimp/v2.8/windows/


SHA1 checksums for the GIMP 2.8.22 downloads are as follows:

  c894a0d9a864d418bdbd30a22d698c731583e5c4  gimp-2.8.22.tar.bz2
  25c276d82da6b9bd07478f9d1d9bd4faccea9d4a  gimp-2.8.22-x86_64.dmg
  cf6fa10746a056ac728a83bd0121b83d645423de  gimp-2.8.22-setup.exe


Overview of Changes from GIMP 2.8.20 to GIMP 2.8.22
===================================================

GUI:

 - improve drawing performance in single window mode, especially with
   pixmap themes


macOS DMG:

 - Make the launcher script also set BABL_PATH
 - Add patch for GTK+ Bug 743717 to the build which concerns crashes
   during clipboard operations with a clipboard manager active
 - Add patch for GTK+ Bug 767091 to the build which concerns crashes
   on some drag & drop operations
 - generate OSX package metadata during build


Plug-ins:

 - Fix for CVE-2007-3126, a bug in the ICO plug-in which allowed
   context-dependent attackers to cause a denial of service (crash)
   via an ICO file with an InfoHeader containing a Height of zero.
   We couldn't reproduce any crash in recent version, but fixed the
   error messages for good measure
 - Avoid creating wrong layer group structure when importing PSD
   files (already fixed in 2.8.20, didn't make it to the NEWS)
 - Prevent a crash in PDF plug-in if images or resolution are large
 - stop parsing invalid PCX files early and prevent a segmentation fault


General:

 - if NOCONFIGURE is set, autogen.sh won't run configure
 - VPATH builds for win32 targets have been fixed


Updated Translations:

 - Basque
 - Brazilian Portuguese
 - Catalan
 - Chinese (PRC)
 - Finnish
 - Greek
 - Hungarian
 - Italian
 - Kazakh
 - Norwegian
 - Polish
 - Slovenian
 - Spanish
 - Swedish


Contributors
============

  Ell, Jehan, Kristian Rietveld, Marco Ciampa, Massimo Valentini,
  Michael Natterer, Michael Schumacher, Tobias Stoeckmann, Éric Hoffman


Translators
===========

  Anders Jonsson, Balázs Meskó, Baurzhan Muftakhidinov,
  Daniel Mustieles, Dimitris Spingos (Δημήτρης Σπίγγος), Fran Dieguez,
  Inaki Larranaga Murgoitio, Jeff Bai, Jiri Grönroos, Jordi Mas,
  Kjartan Maraas, Marco Ciampa, Martin Srebotnjak, Piotr Drąg,
  Rafael Fontenelle


--
Regards,
Michael
GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD


_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

signature.asc (201 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: ANNOUNCE: GIMP 2.8.22 released

Tom Williams
On 05/11/2017 02:58 PM, Michael Schumacher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are releasing GIMP 2.8.22 with various bug fixes.
Congratulations!  I look forward to using this, whenever it's available
on Linux Mint!  :)

Peace...

Tom

--
/When we dance, you have a way with me,
Stay with me... Sway with me.../
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

ANNOUNCE: GIMP 2.8.22 released

Kalanco
In reply to this post by Michael Schumacher
>Hi,
>
>we are releasing GIMP 2.8.22 with various bug fixes.
>
>All platforms will benefit from a change to the image window hierarchy
>in single window mode, which improves painting performance when
>certain
>GTK+ themes are used.
>
>This version fixes an ancient CVE bug, CVE-2007-3126. Due to this bug,
>the ICO file import plug-in could be crashed by specially crafted
>image
>files. Our attempts to reproduce the bug failed with 2.8 and thus the
>impact had likely been minimal for years, but now it is gone for good.
>
>Users on the Apple macOS platforms will benefit from fixes for crashes
>during drag&drop and copy&paste operations. On the Microsoft Windows
>platforms, crashes encountered when using the color picker with
>special
>multi-screen setups are gone, and picking the actual color instead of
>black from anywhere on the screen should finally be possible.
>
>For a complete list of changes since 2.8.20 please see the "Changes"
>section below. Also see the release notes of the 2.8 series at
>https://www.gimp.org/release-notes/gimp-2.8.html
>
>Happy GIMPing,
>--Michael
>
>
>Download
>========
>
>GIMP 2.8.22 is available from:
>
>  https://www.gimp.org/downloads
>
>  and the mirrors listed in
>  https://www.gimp.org/downloads/#mirrors
>
>Please use the torrents to distribute the download bandwidth across
>many mirrors. You can also help seeding the packages this way.
>
>
>Direct links to the download directories are available below, these
>are
>set up to use a random mirror:
>
>  https://download.gimp.org/mirror/pub/gimp/v2.8/
>  https://download.gimp.org/mirror/pub/gimp/v2.8/osx/
>  https://download.gimp.org/mirror/pub/gimp/v2.8/windows/
>
>
>SHA1 checksums for the GIMP 2.8.22 downloads are as follows:
>
>  c894a0d9a864d418bdbd30a22d698c731583e5c4  gimp-2.8.22.tar.bz2
>  25c276d82da6b9bd07478f9d1d9bd4faccea9d4a  gimp-2.8.22-x86_64.dmg
>  cf6fa10746a056ac728a83bd0121b83d645423de  gimp-2.8.22-setup.exe
>
>
>Overview of Changes from GIMP 2.8.20 to GIMP 2.8.22
>===================================================
>
>GUI:
>
> - improve drawing performance in single window mode, especially with
>   pixmap themes
>
>
>macOS DMG:
>
> - Make the launcher script also set BABL_PATH
> - Add patch for GTK+ Bug 743717 to the build which concerns crashes
>   during clipboard operations with a clipboard manager active
> - Add patch for GTK+ Bug 767091 to the build which concerns crashes
>   on some drag & drop operations
> - generate OSX package metadata during build
>
>
>Plug-ins:
>
> - Fix for CVE-2007-3126, a bug in the ICO plug-in which allowed
>   context-dependent attackers to cause a denial of service (crash)
>   via an ICO file with an InfoHeader containing a Height of zero.
>   We couldn't reproduce any crash in recent version, but fixed the
>   error messages for good measure
> - Avoid creating wrong layer group structure when importing PSD
>   files (already fixed in 2.8.20, didn't make it to the NEWS)
> - Prevent a crash in PDF plug-in if images or resolution are large
>- stop parsing invalid PCX files early and prevent a segmentation
>fault
>
>
>General:
>
> - if NOCONFIGURE is set, autogen.sh won't run configure
> - VPATH builds for win32 targets have been fixed
>
>
>Updated Translations:
>
> - Basque
> - Brazilian Portuguese
> - Catalan
> - Chinese (PRC)
> - Finnish
> - Greek
> - Hungarian
> - Italian
> - Kazakh
> - Norwegian
> - Polish
> - Slovenian
> - Spanish
> - Swedish
>
>
>Contributors
>============
>
>  Ell, Jehan, Kristian Rietveld, Marco Ciampa, Massimo Valentini,
>Michael Natterer, Michael Schumacher, Tobias Stoeckmann, Éric
>Hoffman
>
>
>Translators
>===========
>
>  Anders Jonsson, Balázs Meskó, Baurzhan Muftakhidinov,
>  Daniel Mustieles, Dimitris Spingos (Δημήτρης Σπίγγος), Fran Dieguez,
>  Inaki Larranaga Murgoitio, Jeff Bai, Jiri Grönroos, Jordi Mas,
>  Kjartan Maraas, Marco Ciampa, Martin Srebotnjak, Piotr Drąg,
>  Rafael Fontenelle
Is it necessary to uninstall 2.8.20 in Windows 10 before installing 2.8.22?

--
eingram25 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

ANNOUNCE: GIMP 2.8.22 released

Kalanco
>Is it necessary to uninstall 2.8.20 in Windows 10 before installing
>2.8.22?

No.

Points to remember. Whether you uninstall Gimp before installing a new version
or not, your Gimp profile C:\Users\.gimp-2.8 remains. Sometimes, very
infrequently, existing settings can conflict with the new version. In that case,
disable the existing Gimp profile by re-naming it, and start Gimp to create a
new default Gimp profile.

--
rich2005 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: ANNOUNCE: GIMP 2.8.22 released

Thorsten Stettin
In reply to this post by Michael Schumacher
Am 11.05.17 um 23:58 schrieb Michael Schumacher:

> Hi,
>
> we are releasing GIMP 2.8.22 with various bug fixes.
>
> All platforms will benefit from a change to the image window hierarchy
> in single window mode, which improves painting performance when certain
> GTK+ themes are used.
>
> This version fixes an ancient CVE bug, CVE-2007-3126. Due to this bug,
> the ICO file import plug-in could be crashed by specially crafted image
> files. Our attempts to reproduce the bug failed with 2.8 and thus the
> impact had likely been minimal for years, but now it is gone for good.
>
> Users on the Apple macOS platforms will benefit from fixes for crashes
> during drag&drop and copy&paste operations. On the Microsoft Windows
> platforms, crashes encountered when using the color picker with special
> multi-screen setups are gone, and picking the actual color instead of
> black from anywhere on the screen should finally be possible.
>
> For a complete list of changes since 2.8.20 please see the "Changes"
> section below. Also see the release notes of the 2.8 series at
> https://www.gimp.org/release-notes/gimp-2.8.html
>
> Happy GIMPing,
> --Michael
>
If your are on Ubuntu and/or its derivates check this out:
https://launchpad.net/~otto-kesselgulasch/+archive/ubuntu/gimp

Cheers

> Download
> ========
>
> GIMP 2.8.22 is available from:
>
>    https://www.gimp.org/downloads
>
>    and the mirrors listed in
>    https://www.gimp.org/downloads/#mirrors
>
> Please use the torrents to distribute the download bandwidth across
> many mirrors. You can also help seeding the packages this way.
>
>
> Direct links to the download directories are available below, these are
> set up to use a random mirror:
>
>    https://download.gimp.org/mirror/pub/gimp/v2.8/
>    https://download.gimp.org/mirror/pub/gimp/v2.8/osx/
>    https://download.gimp.org/mirror/pub/gimp/v2.8/windows/
>
>
> SHA1 checksums for the GIMP 2.8.22 downloads are as follows:
>
>    c894a0d9a864d418bdbd30a22d698c731583e5c4  gimp-2.8.22.tar.bz2
>    25c276d82da6b9bd07478f9d1d9bd4faccea9d4a  gimp-2.8.22-x86_64.dmg
>    cf6fa10746a056ac728a83bd0121b83d645423de  gimp-2.8.22-setup.exe
>
>
> Overview of Changes from GIMP 2.8.20 to GIMP 2.8.22
> ===================================================
>
> GUI:
>
>   - improve drawing performance in single window mode, especially with
>     pixmap themes
>
>
> macOS DMG:
>
>   - Make the launcher script also set BABL_PATH
>   - Add patch for GTK+ Bug 743717 to the build which concerns crashes
>     during clipboard operations with a clipboard manager active
>   - Add patch for GTK+ Bug 767091 to the build which concerns crashes
>     on some drag & drop operations
>   - generate OSX package metadata during build
>
>
> Plug-ins:
>
>   - Fix for CVE-2007-3126, a bug in the ICO plug-in which allowed
>     context-dependent attackers to cause a denial of service (crash)
>     via an ICO file with an InfoHeader containing a Height of zero.
>     We couldn't reproduce any crash in recent version, but fixed the
>     error messages for good measure
>   - Avoid creating wrong layer group structure when importing PSD
>     files (already fixed in 2.8.20, didn't make it to the NEWS)
>   - Prevent a crash in PDF plug-in if images or resolution are large
>   - stop parsing invalid PCX files early and prevent a segmentation fault
>
>
> General:
>
>   - if NOCONFIGURE is set, autogen.sh won't run configure
>   - VPATH builds for win32 targets have been fixed
>
>
> Updated Translations:
>
>   - Basque
>   - Brazilian Portuguese
>   - Catalan
>   - Chinese (PRC)
>   - Finnish
>   - Greek
>   - Hungarian
>   - Italian
>   - Kazakh
>   - Norwegian
>   - Polish
>   - Slovenian
>   - Spanish
>   - Swedish
>
>
> Contributors
> ============
>
>    Ell, Jehan, Kristian Rietveld, Marco Ciampa, Massimo Valentini,
>    Michael Natterer, Michael Schumacher, Tobias Stoeckmann, Éric Hoffman
>
>
> Translators
> ===========
>
>    Anders Jonsson, Balázs Meskó, Baurzhan Muftakhidinov,
>    Daniel Mustieles, Dimitris Spingos (Δημήτρης Σπίγγος), Fran Dieguez,
>    Inaki Larranaga Murgoitio, Jeff Bai, Jiri Grönroos, Jordi Mas,
>    Kjartan Maraas, Marco Ciampa, Martin Srebotnjak, Piotr Drąg,
>    Rafael Fontenelle
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> gimp-user-list mailing list
> List address:    [hidden email]
> List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
> List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

--
Lao-Tse sagt: Nichtstun ist besser, als mit viel Mühe nichts zu schaffen.
Und er sagt auch: Ich habe drei Schätze, die ich hüte und hege.
Der eine ist die Liebe, der zweite ist die Genügsamkeit, der dritte ist die Demut.
Nur der Liebende ist mutig, nur der Genügsame ist großzügig, nur der Demütige ist fähig zu herrschen.


_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: ANNOUNCE: GIMP 2.8.22 released

Thorsten Stettin
In reply to this post by Tom Williams
Am 12.05.17 um 16:50 schrieb Tom Williams:

> On 05/12/2017 07:45 AM, Thorsten Stettin wrote:
>> Am 12.05.17 um 02:29 schrieb Tom Williams:
>>> On 05/11/2017 02:58 PM, Michael Schumacher wrote:
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> we are releasing GIMP 2.8.22 with various bug fixes.
>>> Congratulations!  I look forward to using this, whenever it's available
>>> on Linux Mint!  :)
>>>
>>> Peace...
>>>
>>> Tom
>>>
>> https://launchpad.net/~otto-kesselgulasch/+archive/ubuntu/gimp/
>>
>> Hope this helps
>>
>> Cheers
>>
> Thanks!  I'm running an outdated version of Ubuntu (need a new PC) and
> Linux Mint is slow to update newer versions of software, like this.
>
> I'll check out this PPA.
>
> Tom
Hi, Tom,

if there are some issues let me know.

Cheers

PS: Please give me some information about your system, e.g, the specific
Mint version. It helps me because I'm not able to test every environment.

>
> --
> /When we dance, you have a way with me,
> Stay with me... Sway with me.../


--
Lao-Tse sagt: Nichtstun ist besser, als mit viel Mühe nichts zu schaffen.
Und er sagt auch: Ich habe drei Schätze, die ich hüte und hege.
Der eine ist die Liebe, der zweite ist die Genügsamkeit, der dritte ist die Demut.
Nur der Liebende ist mutig, nur der Genügsame ist großzügig, nur der Demütige ist fähig zu herrschen.


_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Loading...