AI algorithms in GIMP - Style Transfer

Developers mailing list
Hello everyone,

I too was interested about the integration of AI algorithms into GIMP.

I created a GIMP plugin that implement the style transfer technique. You
can see the code in the following repository [1], as well as the
instructions to get it working. Into this plugin I have integrated two
different style transfer implementations, and possibly more will follow.

Feel free to take a look at the code and try it. Just keep in mind that it
is an highly experimental plugin, it is not meant for regular end users.

Let me know if you find any errors that should be fixed.

[1] https://github.com/Davide-sd/GIMP-style-transfer

Davide.

Re: AI algorithms in GIMP - Style Transfer

Developers mailing list
Hi Davide,

I will use this code as reference as I have never made a plugin myself.

Thanks for this!

Maitraya

On Wed 20 Feb, 2019, 10:24 PM Davide Sandona' via gimp-developer-list <
[hidden email] wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I too was interested about the integration of AI algorithms into GIMP.
>
> I created a GIMP plugin that implement the style transfer technique. You
> can see the code in the following repository [1], as well as the
> instructions to get it working. Into this plugin I have integrated two
> different style transfer implementations, and possibly more will follow.
>
> Feel free to take a look at the code and try it. Just keep in mind that it
> is an highly experimental plugin, it is not meant for regular end users.
>
> Let me know if you find any errors that should be fixed.
>
> [1] https://github.com/Davide-sd/GIMP-style-transfer
>
> Davide.

Re: AI algorithms in GIMP - Style Transfer

Hi Davide,

that's cool. The problem I have is that you use Tensorflow and that is
CUDA/nvidia only. I have two notebooks but non with nvidia card. I
think it would be better to have a AI with a CPU fallback.

Regards,
Tobias

Am Mi., 20. Feb. 2019 um 17:54 Uhr schrieb Davide Sandona' via
gimp-developer-list <[hidden email]>:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I too was interested about the integration of AI algorithms into GIMP.
>
> I created a GIMP plugin that implement the style transfer technique. You
> can see the code in the following repository [1], as well as the
> instructions to get it working. Into this plugin I have integrated two
> different style transfer implementations, and possibly more will follow.
>
> Feel free to take a look at the code and try it. Just keep in mind that it
> is an highly experimental plugin, it is not meant for regular end users.
>
> Let me know if you find any errors that should be fixed.
>
> [1] https://github.com/Davide-sd/GIMP-style-transfer
>
> Davide.

Re: AI algorithms in GIMP - Style Transfer

Developers mailing list
Hello Tobias,

the plugin can definitely works on CPU only. I developed it on an old PC
without cuda-capable GPU. Tensorflow CAN run on CPU only!!!
A cuda-capable gpu card will perform the computation much faster, still the
plugin will work with no problems on CPU. :)

Regards,

Davide.