A suggestion for GIMP developers

Sylvain.deray
Hello,

First sorry for my English...and the menu text (in French)

I have a question for developers but i didn't understood where to post
it. I hope i am at the right place.

I would like to know if i was possible to add a quick access to [Draw
the selection] in Tool options of the "Selection Tools"

as we can find [Draw the path] in the "Path Tool" ?

An image will be easier to understand...

I think it can be more friendly. (/I always have difficulties to find
the right command because i'm looking in "Sélection" menu and not in
"Edition" Menu ! /)

Thanks for your help.

Sylvain.  from Lyon - France

Re: A suggestion for GIMP developers

Developers mailing list
Hi. Do you want to draw the selection from a path?

-C

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 09:30:39PM +0100, C R via gimp-developer-list wrote:
> Hi. Do you want to draw the selection from a path?

I think he means to add a button with the function "Stroke selection" as
it is already present in the path option dialog for the path tool. In the
selection tools such button is missing but also all "Select" commands
like Shrik, Grow, Invert, etc.

Probably the reason is this: to not clutter the "options" tool dialog
with commands. In the path tool there are fewer options so putting also
some commands, although a bit inconsistent, makes sense.

Sorry for my bad English

--

Marco Ciampa