A couple of game oriented plug-ins

centipede-3
Hope you all aren't too tired of incessantly hearing about my pet projects  :)
I might as well announce the latest one here too (for those of you who also visits gug.sunsite.dk). They continue where layer styles left off, but develops into whatever seems a good idea. I have a few more plug-ins planned for light effects and various gizmos'n'gadgets in game-style gfx.

Have fun,
centipede

Re: A couple of game oriented plug-ins

Olivier Ripoll
Centipede wrote:
> Hope you all aren't too tired of incessantly hearing about my pet
> projects  :)

Well, I do not know for the others, but I am certainly not tired of you
work. Just jealous ;)

> I might as well announce the latest one here too (for those of you who
> also visits gug.sunsite.dk). They continue where layer styles left off,
> but develops into whatever seems a good idea. I have a few more plug-ins
> planned for light effects and various gizmos'n'gadgets in game-style gfx.
>
> http://artcamilla.dk/vaultage/articles/the6502s/articles-gimp/camilla-game-tools/article.html
>
> Have fun,
> centipede

Regards,

Olivier

Re: A couple of game oriented plug-ins

J.Filby
Il giorno mar, 24-05-2005 alle 17:08 +0200, Centipede ha scritto:

> Hope you all aren't too tired of incessantly hearing about my pet
> projects  :)
> I might as well announce the latest one here too (for those of you who
> also visits gug.sunsite.dk). They continue where layer styles left
> off, but develops into whatever seems a good idea. I have a few more
> plug-ins planned for light effects and various gizmos'n'gadgets in
> game-style gfx.
>
> http://artcamilla.dk/vaultage/articles/the6502s/articles-gimp/camilla-game-tools/article.html
>
> Have fun,
> centipede

Hi, I installed your plugin but I wasn't able to select brushes. I
noticed that the names of brushes starts with OGM so I changed this line
in your plugins:

self.config[self.name+'-brush'  ], 'CGT.*' )

into

self.config[self.name+'-brush'  ], 'OMG.*' )

and now works better :)
A second issue is that "load" and "save" button seem to do nothing :(
A third one is that Gimp crashes when I click on two of your brushes in
brushes window. The brushes are OGM GV500 Rim 001 Rivets (8x8) and Rock
004 (that is the same of the first).
For now I'm only "playing" with your plugins but they seem really
useful.
Thanks a lot, J

Re: A couple of game oriented plug-ins

centipede-3
Hi there! Thanks for trying out, and do keep the comments coming.

> Hi, I installed your plugin but I wasn't able to select brushes. I
> noticed that the names of brushes starts with OGM so I changed this line
> in your plugins:
>
> self.config[self.name+'-brush'  ], 'CGT.*' )
>
> into
>
> self.config[self.name+'-brush'  ], 'OMG.*' )
>
> and now works better :)

That's odd? I renamed the tools from 'Brainsuck O.M.G.' to 'Camilla's
Game Tools' in the last minute (guess nobody will blame me), and I've
just tested that in the archives I've uploaded, everything starts with
CGT..? I don't know, perhaps a stale version of the webpage and package
file in some web cache somewhere? Try refreshing. Oh, and do clean all
the OMG stuff out to avoid duplicates :)

I need to clean up the archives. This page will always be the most
recently updated when it comes to CGT:

http://www.artcamilla.dk/vaultage/articles/the6502s/articles-gimp/camilla-game-tools/article.html

> A second issue is that "load" and "save" button seem to do nothing :(

Sorry, they haven't been implemented yet. Give me a week or two. The
settings are saved with your image. Loading and saving is just for
making "templates" so you can transfer a setup from one image/layer to
another.

> A third one is that Gimp crashes when I click on two of your brushes in
> brushes window. The brushes are OGM GV500 Rim 001 Rivets (8x8) and Rock
> 004 (that is the same of the first).

Sorry about the duplicate :)
Yes, I think this is a bug in GIMP actually. You have to click and
release fast, or else it tries to display the brush, perhaps as an
animation. It seems like GIMP has a problem displaying very small
animated brushes. I'll scan for a bugreport and if none mentions this,
I'll post one.

> For now I'm only "playing" with your plugins but they seem really
> useful.
> Thanks a lot, J

Have fun. They will stabilize soon :)

Il giorno gio, 26-05-2005 alle 09:59 +0200, Rene Jensen ha scritto:

> Hi there! Thanks for trying out, and do keep the comments coming.
>
> > Hi, I installed your plugin but I wasn't able to select brushes. I
> > noticed that the names of brushes starts with OGM so I changed this line
> > in your plugins:
> >
> > self.config[self.name+'-brush'  ], 'CGT.*' )
> >
> > into
> >
> > self.config[self.name+'-brush'  ], 'OMG.*' )
> >
> > and now works better :)
>
> That's odd? I renamed the tools from 'Brainsuck O.M.G.' to 'Camilla's
> Game Tools' in the last minute (guess nobody will blame me), and I've
> just tested that in the archives I've uploaded, everything starts with
> CGT..? I don't know, perhaps a stale version of the webpage and package
> file in some web cache somewhere? Try refreshing. Oh, and do clean all
> the OMG stuff out to avoid duplicates :)
>
> I need to clean up the archives. This page will always be the most
> recently updated when it comes to CGT:
>
> http://www.artcamilla.dk/vaultage/articles/the6502s/articles-gimp/camilla-game-tools/article.html

I'm not sure I understand your answer (english is not my native
language) so I try do describe better the problem.
Brushes have two "names": filename like other files and "brushname",
that is the name that appears in the brushes dialog. When the script
searches for CGT.* brushes it looks at the "brushname".
Filenames of brushes in you archive starts with CGT, instead their
"brushname" starts with OMG, so IMHO I think is necessary to modify
script or "brushname".

> > A second issue is that "load" and "save" button seem to do nothing :(
>
> Sorry, they haven't been implemented yet. Give me a week or two. The
> settings are saved with your image. Loading and saving is just for
> making "templates" so you can transfer a setup from one image/layer to
> another.

OK

> > A third one is that Gimp crashes when I click on two of your brushes in
> > brushes window. The brushes are OGM GV500 Rim 001 Rivets (8x8) and Rock
> > 004 (that is the same of the first).
>
> Sorry about the duplicate :)
> Yes, I think this is a bug in GIMP actually. You have to click and
> release fast, or else it tries to display the brush, perhaps as an
> animation. It seems like GIMP has a problem displaying very small
> animated brushes. I'll scan for a bugreport and if none mentions this,
> I'll post one.

You are right I found the same problem with other small animated
brushes.

Thanks again :)

Re: A couple of game oriented plug-ins

centipede-3
Dude, you're right! Thanks! I forgot that I changed my local files in
the gimp dir and nowhere else. Well roared, maestro!

New package fixed and uploaded at
http://www.artcamilla.dk/vaultage/cornucopia/gimp-cgt-v0.1-20050526.tgz

-Rene Jensen