Quantcast

4K screen - icon sizing

rich2005
Hello to all,

First let me say that I love GIMP - wonderful program.

But I just replaced my Windows 10 PC with a new HP laptop that has a 4K screen
and unfortunately the toolbox icons are microscopic in size. I literally have to
hold a magnifying glass up to the display in order to see them.

Is there a fix?

Thanks

Devin

--
dmcentee (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: 4K screen - icon sizing

Alexandre Prokoudine
On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 1:22 AM, dmcentee wrote:
> Hello to all,
>
> First let me say that I love GIMP - wonderful program.
>
> But I just replaced my Windows 10 PC with a new HP laptop that has a 4K screen
> and unfortunately the toolbox icons are microscopic in size. I literally have to
> hold a magnifying glass up to the display in order to see them.
>
> Is there a fix?

Yes: http://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-GIMP-2-8-Large-size-Icons-Themes

4K screen - icon sizing in Linux

rich2005
Can anyone guide me in resizing the icons and brushes in GIMP 2.8 for Linux Mint
18? The text automatically adjusts with system settings but the icons remain
miniscule, which makes it almost impossible to choose a brush or tool! I
discovered the themes made for Windows, but none for Linux. Any assistance will
be extraordinarily appreciated by me!

--
RoseyXulel (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: 4K screen - icon sizing in Linux

Ofnuts-2
On 06/04/17 05:28, RoseyXulel wrote:
> Can anyone guide me in resizing the icons and brushes in GIMP 2.8 for Linux Mint
> 18? The text automatically adjusts with system settings but the icons remain
> miniscule, which makes it almost impossible to choose a brush or tool! I
> discovered the themes made for Windows, but none for Linux. Any assistance will
> be extraordinarily appreciated by me!

Did you try these themes? AFAIK the author is on Linux.

http://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-GIMP-2-8-Large-size-Icons-Themes