3D

Users mailing list
Just curious, do you have 3D capabilities such as Photoshop CC has. I
have CS6 and would  have liked to upgrade to the 3D extended version,
but they don't offer an upgrade. I'm trying to move to Gimp. I've
started using the software, of course there is a learning curve. Will be
using online tutorials to help with that.

Thanking you in advance for kind attention and response to this matter.

Dennis

Re: 3D

Liam R E Quin
On Tue, 2020-05-12 at 12:13 -0700, Dennis R. Ling via gimp-user-list
wrote:
> Just curious, do you have 3D capabilities such as Photoshop CC has.

The GIMP developers are not in general PhotoShop users; GIMP is not
trying to copy PhotoShop. As a result, we don't necessarily know what
3D capabilities PhotoShop in any version might or might not have.

Probably it's best to describe the sort of things you want to do.

GIMP is not a 3D modelling program such as Blender.

Liam

Full-time slave in voluntary servitude.

Re: 3D

Well, you can't texture a 3D model using GIMP... Yet. But that's all right
because you have perfectly capable free/libre tools for that, like
ArmorPaint and Blender.

Alex

вт, 12 мая 2020 г., 23:21 Dennis R. Ling via gimp-user-list <