2nd HELP install fail 2.8.20 mail edited (shorter)

2nd HELP install fail 2.8.20 mail edited (shorter)

Nate Owens
I have been trying for over a week to install Gimp 2.8.20
I have successfully ran previous versions of Gimp for a year or more
I'm running windows pro 7
I constantly install software with no problems, most recently Inkscape from
your site
There is no reason I know of for an "access denied" flag... denied to my C
drive? denied to what???
The flag pops up just as the installation is about done - - frustrating!!!

*Nate Owens*
www.nateowens.com

Re: 2nd HELP install fail 2.8.20 mail edited (shorter)

Michael Schumacher
On 03/16/2017 10:48 PM, Nate Owens wrote:

> I have been trying for over a week to install Gimp 2.8.20
> I have successfully ran previous versions of Gimp for a year or more
> I'm running windows pro 7
> I constantly install software with no problems, most recently Inkscape from
> your site

Um... Inkscape from gimp.org?

> There is no reason I know of for an "access denied" flag... denied to my C
> drive? denied to what???
> The flag pops up just as the installation is about done - - frustrating!!!

Your report is the only one of this problem I know about, so it is
likely some localized issue.

You can use a tool like Process Monitor to try to see what the installer
is being denied access to:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

There are various filter options, setting this to only include anything
with "gimp" in the process or file names should help to limit the amount
of data to process.

Re: 2nd HELP install fail 2.8.20 mail edited (shorter)

Nate Owens
Thanks, I will try what you mentioned

If you to to Gimp's website, scroll down there are other software mentioned
including "Inkscape"
perhaps I wrongly concluded they were connected with Gimp

"GIMP provides top-notch color management features to ensure high-fidelity
color reproduction across digital and printed media. It is best used in
workflows involving other free software such asScribus
<https://www.scribus.net/>, Inkscape <https://inkscape.org/>, and
SwatchBooker <http://www.selapa.net/swatchbooker/>. "

*Nate Owens*
www.nateowens.com

Re: 2nd HELP install fail 2.8.20 mail edited (shorter)

Jernej =?utf-7?Q?Simon+AQ0-i+AQ0-?=
On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 22:55:42 +-0100, Michael Schumacher wrote:

> You can use a tool like Process Monitor to try to see what the installer
> is being denied access to:

It might be simpler to run the installer with a /LOG command-line
parameter, then copy the log from %TEMP% (it will be named "Setup Log
2017-MM-DD #001.txt").

--
< Jernej Simon+AQ0-i+AQ0- ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >