Quantcast

2.8 on Mac won't open RAW files

oneaty
GIMP for Mac really blew my mind when it opened camera RAW2 files from my
Panasonic GX8.

Then I upgraded ir to 2.8.2. After that, RAW2 files no longer open in GIMP.

The error message that appears is copied below.

FYI....

;)

Glen

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/493/original/GIMP_error.png
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/494/original/GIMP_error.png

--
Chuanist (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: 2.8 on Mac won't open RAW files

Alexandre Prokoudine
On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 2:09 AM, Chuanist wrote:
> GIMP for Mac really blew my mind when it opened camera RAW2 files from my
> Panasonic GX8.

It wasn't an official build of GIMP. Official builds of GIMP don't
ship with the 3rd party UFRaw plug-in that opens raw files.

> Then I upgraded ir to 2.8.2. After that, RAW2 files no longer open in GIMP.

Which is why this happened when you switched to the official build :)