2.10 & GMIC

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

2.10 & GMIC

Luthien
Anybody know how do get GMIC working on 2.10?

I Tried installing it various ways and always got the following messages when
Gimp initialized:

Entry point not found

gmic_gimp.exe

libglib-2.0.0.dll
libgxiv2-2.dll
libexiv2.dll
libglib.2.0_0.dll

Thanks.

--
Tytrate (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 2.10 & GMIC

Guy Stalnaker
I downloaded the .zip file from the GMIC web site. I created a folder for
the .zip file contents (I'm using Windows):
~\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins\gmic_gimp_qt

Put .zip file contents there, then added that path to the PlugIns config in
GIMP. GMIC works. I could NOT get GMIC to work using the .exe installer.

Guy

Guy Stalnaker
[hidden email]

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 7:48 PM, Tytrate <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Anybody know how do get GMIC working on 2.10?
>
> I Tried installing it various ways and always got the following messages
> when
> Gimp initialized:
>
> Entry point not found
>
> gmic_gimp.exe
>
> libglib-2.0.0.dll
> libgxiv2-2.dll
> libexiv2.dll
> libglib.2.0_0.dll
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Tytrate (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
> _______________________________________________
> gimp-user-list mailing list
> List address:    [hidden email]
> List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
> List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
>
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

2.10 & GMIC

Luthien
In reply to this post by Luthien
>Anybody know how do get GMIC working on 2.10?
>
>I Tried installing it various ways and always got the following
>messages when Gimp initialized:
>
>Entry point not found
>
>gmic_gimp.exe
>
>libglib-2.0.0.dll
>libgxiv2-2.dll
>libexiv2.dll
>libglib.2.0_0.dll
>
>Thanks.

Not writing this out again, the original is here:

https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Gmic-and-Gimp-2-10-0?pid=7889#pid7889

---------------

Want to use the g'mic plugin www.gmic.eu in Gimp 2.10.0

At the moment the popular QT version does not work in the regular installation
from www.gimp.org

One way is use a partha or a samj spin off version that includes that and other
plugins. The snag with these is, come to update gmic in a few weeks time and a
complete re-installation is required.

Using the regular Gimp2.10.0 the gmic GTK version works, It has all the
functionality of the QT version, it is missing the search facility and some
eye-candy, otherwise works. Need to install an update, just replace the
downloaded gmic folder.

How to install.

1. Get the zipped version from www.gmic.eu

https://i.imgur.com/lnjbYG7.jpg

2. Un-zip and put that somewhere easy to find. Your C:\User\your-name\  folder
is ok

https://i.imgur.com/MJ4wID0.jpg


3. Start Gimp up and in `Edit -> Preferences -> Folders -> Plug-ins` set the
path to gmic, OK and close.

https://i.imgur.com/hSpfRU0.jpg

4. Restart Gimp for the setting to take effect

5. Does it work? It does here. Remember to refresh the filters to get the full
500.

https://i.imgur.com/VrefSGh.jpg

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

2.10 & GMIC

Luthien
There is now a fixed for Gimp 2.10.0 QT version

http://gmic.eu/files/prerelease/gmic_gimp_qt_win64.zip

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

2.10 & GMIC

Luthien
In reply to this post by Luthien
>Anybody know how do get GMIC working on 2.10?
>
>I Tried installing it various ways and always got the following
>messages when Gimp initialized:
>
>Entry point not found
>
>gmic_gimp.exe
>
>libglib-2.0.0.dll
>libgxiv2-2.dll
>libexiv2.dll
>libglib.2.0_0.dll
>
>Thanks.


You should unzip gmic in "D:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\scripts"

--
hg2051 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

2.10 & GMIC

Luthien
In reply to this post by Luthien
>Not writing this out again, the original is here:
>
>https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Gmic-and-Gimp-2-10-0?pid=7889#pid7889
>
>---------------
>
>Want to use the g'mic plugin www.gmic.eu in Gimp 2.10.0
>
>At the moment the popular QT version does not work in the regular
>installation from www.gimp.org
>
>One way is use a partha or a samj spin off version that includes that
>and other plugins. The snag with these is, come to update gmic in a
>few weeks time and a complete re-installation is required.
>
>Using the regular Gimp2.10.0 the gmic GTK version works, It has all
>the functionality of the QT version, it is missing the search facility
>and some eye-candy, otherwise works. Need to install an update, just
>replace the downloaded gmic folder.
>
>How to install.



You should unzip gmic in "D:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\scripts"

>
>1. Get the zipped version from www.gmic.eu
>
>https://i.imgur.com/lnjbYG7.jpg
>
>2. Un-zip and put that somewhere easy to find. Your C:\User\your-name\
>folder is ok
>
>https://i.imgur.com/MJ4wID0.jpg
>
>
>3. Start Gimp up and in `Edit -> Preferences -> Folders -> Plug-ins`
>set the path to gmic, OK and close.
>
>https://i.imgur.com/hSpfRU0.jpg
>
>4. Restart Gimp for the setting to take effect
>
>5. Does it work? It does here. Remember to refresh the filters to get
>the full 500.
>
>https://i.imgur.com/VrefSGh.jpg
>
>rich: www.gimp-forum.net

--
hg2051 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

2.10 & GMIC

Luthien
In reply to this post by Luthien
>You should unzip gmic in "D:\Program Files\GIMP
>2\share\gimp\2.0\scripts"

Not the best place to put any plugin. Do not mix up your user plugins with the
Gimp 2.10 stock ones.

The place for a plugin is in the Gimp user profile.

C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins

In Windows it is in the hidden Appdata folder. Unhide to use, typically

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028316/windows-view-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-10

When it comes to the gmic_gimp_qt plugin for Windows, the (64 bit) installer now
works perfectly and installs automatically in the correct place.

Download the latest stable version from www.gmic.eu

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 2.10 & GMIC

Users mailing list
We have a short tutorial to describe a better approach for installing
assets:

https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Asset_Folders/


On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 8:13 AM rich404 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >You should unzip gmic in "D:\Program Files\GIMP
> >2\share\gimp\2.0\scripts"
>
> Not the best place to put any plugin. Do not mix up your user plugins with
> the
> Gimp 2.10 stock ones.
>
> The place for a plugin is in the Gimp user profile.
>
> C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins
>
> In Windows it is in the hidden Appdata folder. Unhide to use, typically
>
>
> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028316/windows-view-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-10
>
> When it comes to the gmic_gimp_qt plugin for Windows, the (64 bit)
> installer now
> works perfectly and installs automatically in the correct place.
>
> Download the latest stable version from www.gmic.eu
>
> --
> rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
> _______________________________________________
> gimp-user-list mailing list
> List address:    [hidden email]
> List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
> List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
>
--
https://patdavid.net
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

2.10 & GMIC

Luthien
In reply to this post by Luthien
>Anybody know how do get GMIC working on 2.10?
>
>I Tried installing it various ways and always got the following
>messages when Gimp initialized:
>
>Entry point not found
>
>gmic_gimp.exe
>
>libglib-2.0.0.dll
>libgxiv2-2.dll
>libexiv2.dll
>libglib.2.0_0.dll
>
>Thanks.


I having similar issues. I've been searching the internet and trying various
permutations of installs, different folders, zip vs exe all to no avail.

What I do get is the following error message when launching 2.10.14 on Windows
10 (32bit) and using the 32 bit installer*.:

gmic_gimp_qt.exe - Entry Point Not Found (ERROR HEADER)

The procedure entry point
_ZNSt7_cxx1118basic_stringstreamlcSt11char_traitslcESalcEEC1Ev could not be
located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\bin\libexiv2.dll.


*gmic_gimp2.10_qt (Win32 version) found in the archive folder

--
StevenMarston (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

2.10 & GMIC

Luthien
>I having similar issues. I've been searching the internet and trying
>various
>permutations of installs, different folders, zip vs exe all to no
>avail.
>
>What I do get is the following error message when launching 2.10.14 on
>Windows
>10 (32bit) and using the 32 bit installer*.:
>
>gmic_gimp_qt.exe - Entry Point Not Found (ERROR HEADER)
>
>The procedure entry point
>_ZNSt7_cxx1118basic_stringstreamlcSt11char_traitslcESalcEEC1Ev could
>not be
>located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\GIMP
>2\bin\libexiv2.dll.
>
>
>*gmic_gimp2.10_qt (Win32 version) found in the archive folder


I can not get anything newer that Gimp 2.10.6 working in a 32 bit Windows so
just general comments. The problem might / might not be related to Gimp 2.10.14

Best to start with a clean installation of Gimp 2.10. If installed over an
existing Gimp 2.8 with plug-ins, including a gmic-gimp, the old plug-ins are
migrated causing problems.

The ....32bits_(old)/gmic_gimp2.10_qt_win32.exe installer is ***broken***. All
the files are there but in the wrong place. If you used this remove it and use
the zip version.
https://gmic.eu/files/windows/32bits_(old)/gmic_gimp2.10_qt_win32.zip

The zip from gmic.eu unpacks to a single folder gmic_gimp_qt  The whole folder
goes in your Gimp 2.10 profile
C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins The folder name is the
same name as the executable.  see the screenshot for the files you should have.

quote ...I've been searching the internet and trying various permutations of
installs, different folders, zip vs exe all to no avail...unquote

That could be the problem - left over files from multiple installs. Although
that sort of error message often comes from a previous Gimp installation.

...or maybe it is just Gimp 2.10.14 non-compatibility.

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1332/original/gmic-gimp.jpg

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list