2.10.22 vs 2.99.4

Users mailing list
Good Morning
I’m a new user and haven’t downloaded either version.
Should I go straight into 2.99 or is it possible there are bugs that would be frustrating and just stick to 2.10?
Thanks,
Len Kurylo

Re: 2.10.22 vs 2.99.4

Users mailing list
On 1/6/21 9:57 AM, Len Kurylo via gimp-user-list wrote:

> Good Morning
> I’m a new user and haven’t downloaded either version.
> Should I go straight into 2.99 or is it possible there are bugs that would be frustrating and just stick to 2.10?
> Thanks,
> Len Kurylo

Version 2.10.x is meant for production use, so it should be stable and
functional.

Peace...

Tom

Re: 2.10.22 vs 2.99.4

On Wed, 2021-01-06 at 17:57 +0000, Len Kurylo via gimp-user-list wrote:
> Good Morning
> I’m a new user and haven’t downloaded either version.
> Should I go straight into 2.99 or is it possible there are bugs that
> would be frustrating and just stick to 2.10?

People are reporting that 2.99.4 right now can't write JPG or PNG
images on Windows, so if you use Windows, it's not very usable. It's
for testing, not production use.

Click here to have the slave rewarded with more chores.

Re: 2.10.22 vs 2.99.4

Users mailing list
Thanks everyone. 2.10 it is
Len